The Ferrari 308 with Carburetor engine is a fantastic sports car, and is sure to put a huge smile on your face each time you get behind the wheel and open up that throttle. The 308 GTS, which featured the added benefit of a black targa roof panel that could be easily removed and stowed in the cabin behind the seats, makes this an even more desirable open-top sports car.
This "Duo Citizenship" Ferrari 308 GTS has a particularly colorful and fully documented history. It was an original right-hand-drive example sold by HR Owen LTD to a lady entrepreneur in London UK and was first registered on August 2nd, 1979. The car stayed in the UK until 1986 and was bought and registered in Hong Kong by GERMAN MOTORS LTD (Italian Motors Sales & Services Ltd) the official Ferrari Importer at Sung Wong Toi. Taxed and registered with the license mark DN3627 on February 4, 1987, after its arrival, it was subjected to a major service/ refresh and was subsequently sold to a Hong Kong Expatriate keeper in the same year. Due to various reasons, the new owner must move to the UK in 1988 and decided to bring the 308 along with him. So once again, the car was back in the UK and serviced by Maranello Concessionaires for the next 9 years.
The car underwent a full restoration by Nick Cartwright Specialist Cars before it was sold again in 1997. The next keeper commissioned Graypaul Ferrari to continue to care for the car. In 2008, the car is back in the hands of Nick Cartwright who sold the car to yet another Hong Kong resident who kept the car in the UK for 4 more years until he brought the car back to Hong Kong in 2012. Once again the 308 is back on the road in Hong Kong in 2013 and maintained by Blackbird Concessionaires ever since. In 2014 the car was subjected to a complete engine-out overhaul.
Today the car is presented in Nero exterior over Nero hide with Black carpets, and still has its original and correct shallow front spoiler. The factory specification included air-conditioning which is icy cold. The beautiful interior has outstanding patina and original leather trim. The car sits on correct 16 inch wheels and brand new tires. The body is beautiful, very straight and has good panel fittings. The underside is very original, rust free and solid. It is obviously very well maintained during the years, therefore it is in a perfect working and driving condition. There is a lovely (and very thick) history file accompanying this Ferrari 308 GTS, including numerous ownership, MOT records and invoices for works carried out. A new speedometer was installed in April 16th, 1987, the old odometer was showing 34,104 Miles before replacement. Currently the odometer reads 10,259KM but it is believe to be approximately 40,400 Miles in total.
Body: 2 Doors Targa
Exterior: Black (Originally Rosso)
Driver's Sider: RHD
Indicated Mileage: 10259KM (Odometer changed in 1987at 34,104 Miles. Therefore actual mileage is approximately 40,400 Miles)
Location: Hong Kong
Registration: Registered in Hong Kong
History: Originally delivered in UK by HR Owen in 1979. Imported to Hong Kong in 1986 by German Motors. Re-Exported to UK in 1988 and came back to Hong Kong in 2013. Current owner bought the car in 2018. Car has matching numbers, fully documented history, always maintained by Ferrari authorized agents and in highly original condition except a color change to Nero. Spare wheel, jack and Car Cover included.
Available Exclusively at Classic Insider. For more info, please contact:
Telephone Or Whatsapp: +852 9013 2536
Click Here to send us a Message
A colourful and fully documented history
The irresistible charm of a Black on Black Ferrari with timeless Pininfarina Styling
Poster car which appeared in Tom Sellek’s Magnum PI TV Series
2019 Records from Blackbird Concessionaires
- Adjust Idle and Clean Spark Plug
- Annual Service (Change engine oil, filters, brake fluids)
- Check Rev counter and adjust cable
- Change clutch pedal rubber, wiper blades
- Fixed A/C and recharge refrigerant system
- Changed Compressor belt, Timing Belt Bearing, Cam Belt
- New Tires, New Battery
- Government MOT
- Fixed Exhaust leak, Changed stabilizer bushing
2018 Records from Blackbird Concessionaires
- Changed Exhaust Manifold Gasket
- Changed coolant hose and repair coolant pipe
2017 Records from Blackbird Concessionaires
- Government MOT
- Lubrication Service, Change engine oil, brake fluid, New Battery
2016 Records from Blackbird
- Renew both front seats leather with factory Connolly leather
2015 Record from Blackbird
- Touch up paint front and rear bumper, side window grill, rear hood.
- Fix engine oil leak, Replaced fuse box, Install Battery cut-off switch
- Replaced fuel hose and tank breather pipes
2014 Records from Blackbird
- Full engine out overhaul, new engine mount, (cyclinder head, front cover, bell housing, end plate, cam cover) gaskets, oil seals, piston ring, new flywheel, cam belt, belt bearing, fuel filter, air filter, inlet manifold and exhaust manifold gaskets, water hose, heater valve, water pump, Thermostat, Alternator belt, clutch disc, pressure plate, clutch bearing, gearbox sump gasket, engine sump gasket, gear lever bush, A/C compressor belt, Con-rod bearing, main bearing, crankshaft thrust spacer, Transmission oil, brake fluid, antifreeze. Install new Hi-Fi system and new speakers
***All previous records date back to 1979 available upon request