1981 Mercedes Benz C107 380 SLC
Mercedes Benz 380 SLC Automatic
The R107 and C107 Mercedes-Benz SL variants have long been revered amongst classic car devotees, being built to exacting engineering standards and with a subtle air of sophistication. These cars were built from 1971 through to 1989, the second longest single series ever produced by Mercedes-Benz after the G-Class. The SLC (C107) or ‘SL Coupé’ derivative, was a two-door hardtop coupé with normal rear seats. It was launched at the Paris Motor Show and signalled a shift in management thinking at Stuttgart about what made a successful luxury coupé. Sporting a longer wheelbase and sufficient interior room for four, the SLC was a sleek two-door car that combined the seating advantages of a four-door saloon with the style of a sporty coupé. With the exception of the SL65 AMG Black Series, the SLC remains the only fixed roof Mercedes-Benz coupe based on a roadster rather than a sedan.
This 380 SLC presents in very good order throughout, the 3.8L V8 engine, producing 215 HP runs smoothly and efficiently. The metallic black coachwork is in good condition except for some small blemishes and the black leather interior is largely unmarked. Originally registered on August 1981, this Mercedes-Benz has only six previous keepers and the current owner bought the car in 2012. Supplied with maintenance documents since 2006 and a valid registration. These attractive SLCs are becoming recognised as an underrated 80’s classic with good examples changing hands at ever increasing prices similar to the equivalent roadster.
The appearance of the sports coupe presented in 1971 was style-defining for the design of Mercedes-Benz in the 70s. The success of the C107 series was not only due to their style, their low weight, and high-performance character has given the Mercedes-Benz C107 SLC numerous international rallies top finishes.
History: Hong Kong Dealer delivery in August 1981. 7 Previous Owners indicated on Registration. 14 years of service history. Appearance in magazines.
Highly original that is well preserved and easy to maintain
Wonderful Mechanically & Good Condition Throughout
Original Hong Kong car with 14 years of Service history included
Everyday useable classic / Well cared for example
- 34,000 miles indicated on the non-functional odometer / 7 Owner on VRD
2019 - 2020
- New Battery
- Annual Service
- Refreshed Air Conditioning
- Full car restored, all rust removed, welded and re-painted
- Installed all the new trims and bumper rubber
- Front Brake Service (New Rotors, new line, fluid flush)
- Service and Inspection- New Antenna, New Fan Motor & Switch, Wiper, Battery, Thermostat, Coolant Flush- New Belt Set (Alternator, Engine Belts)
- New Distributor and Ignition Coil System
- New Spark Plugs, Injectors, Fuel Accumulator
- Repaint front Fender and door panel- Oil Service, New Alternator Belt
- Repair Front Brake Caliper and Brake fluid change2014
- Full Service includes fluid change
2012 - 2013
- Rear window, seal, lid handle restored
- Fully re-chromed, resprayed, welded and adjusted
- New Front Suspension (Ball Joint, Bushings, Control Arms, New Shocks)
- New Front Brakes- New Engine Mount, Belt Set
- New Steering Box, Pump and Oil2006 - 2012 - Upon Request
Contact Us for more information or visit: https://www.classicinsider.com/single-post/380SLC
* Availability and Prices are subject to change without notice
The information contained within this advert is provided ‘as-is’, without warranties as to its accuracy whether expressed or implied and is intended for informational purposes only. Classic Insider is not liable for any errors or mistakes.